Since 41% of businesses find they do not need a website, do the above reasons justify why every business needs a website now? Let’s also not forget social media comes hand in hand with a website to provide a great overall support and experience to your visitors and prospects!!
As often as we advocate how important social media is an integral part for businesses. There are also times we want to advise why a company MAY NOT want to get involved in social media now.
Jeff Bullas explains with the 20 reasons…
- You are a traditionalist and value the “good old days”
- You don’t want to be found
- You don’t want to be heard
- You have shares in the “Yellow Pages”
- You like spending thousands on media you can’t measure
- You highly value your perceived privacy
- You don’t want to hear what your customers are saying
- You don’t want any new customers as you are already too busy
- You’re afraid people might say nasty things about you
- You want to give your competition a head start
- It’s a waste of your valuable time
- Because its only a fad and it will go away
- I like to keep things simple and it’s all a bit complex with Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn and all that stuff
- I am a real person and I don’t believe in those fake online social networks
- Social media sites are largely populated with people who have nothing better to do with their time
- Social media is at an evolutionary stage I will wait until it is more mature
- I don’t want to be overexposed
- If I subscribe or join I will be spammed
- There is something better around the corner, I can afford to wait
- Social media will reduce real face to face opportunities because I would waste my time online
Many of us always debate about which is more important, which we should invest more time and investment in – SEO or PPC? The former is relatively cheaper but takes a longer time for you to reap the benefits, while you could possibly see immediate results with the latter, but not with a bigger digital marketing budget.
David McBee provided a very amusing and interesting infographic using Dieting VS Plastic Surgery as an analogy!
You will be surprised to know that rainy weather does encourage more interaction on your posts on social media networks 🙂